Thursday, March 12, 2015

Espera.

Hey folks!

Sorry for the absence, my luck with the internet hasn't been quite well, and I've been busy battling the winds (you ain't taking me down that easy!) and just setting my feet into the whole school groove, on top of adapting to my life here.

Sorry. 

But my internet in the house is now set!! So I have no excuses (when I'm home)! But if I am absent, it's because I am either around town exploring, studying, or working (hopefully!! I'm awaiting good news!). It can be any one of those, of I could be busy collecting some fun, cool, Kim-styled ideas to talk about. So do check in with me once in a while! Unlike many of the amazing bloggers out there who posts something on a really regular basis (hats off to them man, I'm telling you, that is major major hard work + talent right thur), I will only post something when I feel like the post is ready to see the world. Like this one!

Something has caught my attention of late, and I feel the need to talk about it.

To all those of you whose interest lie in a good lipstick, or for those of you whose significant other is, I've got something that will tickle your fancy! Well, more like, I'd like to share with you a story about a lipstick that I think will soon replace my MAC purchases:

I really like the MAC lipsticks. They're highly pigmented, stays true to the color of the lipstick (what you see is what sticks to your lips), and most importantly, the matte effect is just on point. But I mean, since it's MAC, as great as the quality is, it comes with a price tag that I don't put it as priority. Also, I notice that the lipstick dries my lips out pretty quick. After a day long of wearing it, my lips start to chip, so I have to apply lip balm before I apply the lipstick, making the matte effect much to be desired.

But then yesterday on my quest to find shoes, we walked into



And being bored, I decided to just check out their lipsticks. The magic word is "Matte". So I just picked up the first color that I saw titled "Wild Rose". what a good choice. I love the smell of roses (my mom has a rose branch and the roses smell delightful), and the color was a nice shade of dark coral + pink + red. And so the guy working there urged me to try it (and so did my friends). 

Here is the end result (taken approx 2-3 hours after application) with no filters/ editing (not that I edit my face anyway... *looks slyly away* HAHA filters!) 


Approx 2-3 hours after application, with no lip balm

My lips by then were still surprisingly pretty smooth, with no need for lip balm, the way I do with the MAC ones. I actually really hope someone from MAC is reading this right now, so they can improve, cause I've been going to them for a while, and I hope they take constructive criticism. (: Just my two cents!

Anyhoo, I decided to Level UP...! By showering with it on!


It stayed pretty well! Right?
(again no editing, you can see my pimples *GASP*)

But of course, by then a lot of it has come off, and also when I drank, the lipstick started just powdering off onto the rim of my cup. 

Uh... I have no photos for this one... Sorry. Got carried away with getting ready for bed I actually forgot. But yeah, the lipstick started sticking to my cup, but it was powdery, so washing it didn't require extra attention... aka, easy removal! YAY! It worked the same with remover (baby oil cuz I actually haven't bought remover, and I brought this from home home).

So it is quite safe to say that I.... really like this lipstickkkkkk! My friends have been asking me if I'm ever gonna get it. To be honest, I really like it. But unfortunately, I'm on severe budget here. Seriously. Sidenote, I've been vegetarian here for the most part cause veges are the only things I can actually afford... So, for now, no... I'm not gonna get it. However, I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY! ACUTELY (haha acutely) recommend this beautiful beautiful lipstick! And ESPECIALLY with the dry winter weather (my hands are all red and cracking from the cold!) 




If, like me, you like the matte effect, without having to dry your lips out, and still have the lasting effect, oh boy. You're in for a wonderful wonderful trip! (: Also, after looking it up, I learnt that Espoir is French for hope, and can also mean promising, or up & coming! Hey, with this amazing lipstick, it's not surprise! I saw quite a few Sold Out items. So they're definitely doing lotsa stuff right! Lipstick is one of them HAHA.

But for now, Espoir, if you're reading this, know that you have a major fan! (: 

Okay shall end this here tonight. Right now. 


Love,
Kim










No comments:

Post a Comment