Thursday, March 5, 2015

RM75/USD25 Passport Photos, Anyone?

Yesterday, I got my photo taken (I say passport photo cause it's that size, BUT I was about to have it taken Korean Passport status, which I will address later) for my Alien Registration Card application.

So of course, in any photo, you want to hide any large & tiny flaws, so you seek the professional help of who I call (and all of us know as), Make up. With the help of my friend, make up, I head out to the studio with an appointment already set up. I get there, the whole place looks super pretty, as if it were a smaller version of a studio for weddings  (I was so distracted by him taking photos of a girl who was also taking profile sized photos I forgot to take pictures of the place).

The atmosphere in the studio was pretty lively, with people moving around, and  music playing and another person editing the photos. Then I was told to "get ready" at the make up table that was located in the corner, equipped with hair spray, combs, hair ties, and a shit ton of mirrors.

As I was already ready to go, I just sat there watching her shoot. The photographer was really animated as he was giving directions to her. She kept laughing from being so amused. The shoot was fast, but boy did they take a lot of photos. She also took quite a lot of time picking the photo of her choice...

Eons later, she's finally out, and it's my turn. The photographer was super down to every littlest detail, fixing my hair with the comb, holding up the mirror to ensure my hair is properly arranged, so meticulous! I guess that's why my wallet has a big hole in it now. 25,000₩ for all this, and of course the said energy and amusement as the photographer directs your shoot. Everything ended in 15 minutes. The photo taking, the selection (where he narrows it down to 4 main photos and you pick the ONE. HAHA what is this, SayYesToTheDressPhoto?). Afterwards, I was out. Super efficient.

\Later in the evening, I was emailed the soft copies of the photos.

Before I go on, allow me to say, that no matter where you go in Korea, they photoshop ALL your photos like this to make you look flawless and perfect. (I blame the workforce requirements for judging a book by it's cover but that's for another day) AND SO, THIS IS ALL VERY NORMAL IN KOREA.

My verdict?

HOLY COW. 
Imma quote Cindy Crawford: "I don't look like Kimberley Ng*"
*names have been edited to fit the article.


Prepare yourselves...






























WHUT?

Talk about Photoshop. I can't even. Now I know why they charge you so much for a friggin passport photo. Golly gee. 


Was it worth it? 
I don't even know. I don't think that looks like me. That looks like a digital version of my doppelgänger. But man, what an experience! 






No comments:

Post a Comment